Bob Baker's Artist Empowerment Blog

Self-Publishing Tips & Resources for Authors

If you are a published or soon-to-be-published author, or if you simply aspire to write a book some day, you may be interested in a special web page I just created called Self-Publishing Tips & Resources.

There are a few reasons I created this special section on my PromoteYourCreativity.com site. For one, I'm blessed to have reached a point where I make a living as an author -- and a primarily self-published one at that. Also, for the past year and a half I've served on the board of the St. Louis Publishers Association, an organization whose members are mostly self-published authors. These experiences allow me to interact with authors of all kinds -- from those just getting started to those with multiple titles to their credit.

In the midst of all this I've discovered two things: 1) A lot of people are interested in writing a book (in fact, a recent survey suggested that 8 out of 10 people claim they'd like to write a book some day), and 2) Many people who are interested in writing a book (including some experienced authors themselves) are filled with self-defeating attitudes and outdated perspectives on creating, marketing and selling books.

As you might expect, it's my mission to debunk the myths about book publishing "realities" and obliterate the negative, self-imposed beliefs that keep so many people from publishing their own book. We live in an Age of Empowerment. And if you want to express yourself creatively (whether that's with a book, a play, a song or a piece of art), there's nothing in the world that should keep you from doing it.

So check out Self-Publishing Tips & Resources and read a collection of articles I've written, included "5 Reasons to Self-Publish Your Own Book," "The 7 Attributes of Highly Successful Authors" and "Do You Suffer from a Book Publishing Myth Complex?" I've also included links to my favorite book publishing info sites.

Enjoy, and express yourself!

1 Comments:

  • Bob,

    Great page and thank you for the tips. I am a frustrated writer of many forms but currently "I am working on a screenplay". It is rewarding to know that normal everyday people are creating success stories by writing success stories (or dramas or novellas what have you).

    The link to your site didn't work but I have bookmarked your blog and will check the other resources you've listed. I will visit again. Thanks for posting such a helpful vehicle to writing success.

    By Blogger Phukofku Gale, At 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home